Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Work in Progress

Surely you have heard of the song, “He's Still Working on Me.” It is usually sung with the younger children in the church family, but it applies to every Christian, or it should.

CHORUS:
He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.
1. There really ought to be a sign upon the heart,
Don't judge her yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.
CHORUS:
2. In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Make me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the Potter, I'm the clay.
CHORUS:

As God's children we want to acquire a greater knowledge of Him and His word. This is accomplished by reading and studying His inspired word on a regularly basis. We need to realize that God is willing to work with us as long as we allow Him to do so. He will not force anything on us that we do not want but He will always strive to give us what we need as we search the scriptures daily with a ready mind (Acts 17:11). How awesome is that?

We shouldn't beat ourselves up because we are not growing spiritually at our pace. It could be that God is not ready to reveal to us some truths or aspects of His word due to the simple fact that we might not be able to digest it yet. We must be patient and wait on the Lord! We must also be careful not to bind on others what we think should be bound, because it might be contrary to the word of God and we are doing it out of ignorance. Of course our motives are pure but so was Paul's in the persecution of Christians.

God wants everyone of us to come to a saving knowledge of His Son Jesus Christ. For many this is still very much a work in progress because they have not yet seen the need for a savior. For those of us who have been redeemed by the precious blood of the Lamb, we acknowledge that our walk with God is a daily progression.

You might not see yourself as a diamond in the rough, but God sees you that way and He wants to shape you into a spiritual jewel that is worth much more than any material treasure. Are you willing to surrender to the Master's Touch and become a work in progress? I pray so!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home